Register for a free Counselling Session

Work Part time while you study

Students enrolled in a full time course in New Zealand can work for a limited number of hours up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time in all vacations.

Work Permits for Partners of International Students

The partners of postgraduate students can apply for a work permit valid for the same period of time as their partner’s student permit.

Partners of some undergraduate students may also be eligible to apply for a work permit, if their partner has been granted a student visa or permit to study towards a qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage, as specified in the ‘Long Term Skill Shortage List’ available on the New Zealand Immigration


Request a callback